- This digital platform, accessible at www.PRESTIGEHW.co.za, affiliated mobile sites, and software applications (referred to as the “Website”), is the property of PRESTIGE QUALITY HOUSWEARES (Proprietary) Limited (“PRESTIGE,” “we,” “us,” and “our”), who oversees its operations.
- These Terms and Conditions for the Website (“Terms and Conditions”) govern various aspects, including the process of ordering, purchasing, and receiving goods, as well as the utilization of the Website itself.
- It’s important to note that these Terms and Conditions are legally binding and applicable to anyone accessing or utilizing the Website (“you,” “your,” or “user”), which includes individuals who complete the registration process (“registered user”).
- By engaging with the Website and confirming your registration through actions like clicking the “Register Now” button, you affirm that you have perused and consent to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Website provides you with the opportunity to engage in online shopping across a diverse range of products, encompassing items like, home and kitchen items, décor, health and beauty merchandise, and much more (“Goods”).
- When interacting with our Website, regardless of your location, your activities are guided by these Terms and Conditions
- When interacting with this website, you agree that any designated delivery address, including those used for return collections, must be situated within the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
These Terms and Conditions pertain to individuals who are consumers under the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (referred to as the “CPA”).
Contained within these Terms and Conditions are clauses that are presented in a similar format and wording to this section and which may:
• Impose limitations on the risk or liability of Prestige.
• Establish risk or liability for the user.
• Require the user to indemnify Prestige or a third party.
• Serve as the user’s acknowledgment of a certain fact.
Should there be any clause within these Terms and Conditions that is unclear, it is your responsibility to request an explanation from Prestige prior to your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions or your continued use of the Website.
Please note that nothing within these Terms and Conditions is intended, nor should it be construed, as an unlawful means to unfairly restrict, limit, or evade any rights or obligations, as applicable to you or Prestige under the CPA.
Usage of this Website is permitted by Prestige on the condition of adherence to these Terms and Conditions.
By utilizing this Website in any manner, you are presumed to wholeheartedly accept all stipulations within the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please refrain from using this Website.
Registration and use of the website
Only registered users may order Goods on the Website.
To register as a user, you must provide a unique username and password and provide certain information and personal details to PRESTIGE.
You will need to use your unique username and password to access the Website in order to purchase Goods.
You agree and warrant that your username and password shall:
- be used for personal use only; and
- not be disclosed by you to any third party.
For security purposes you agree to enter the correct username and password whenever ordering Goods, failing which you will be denied access.
You agree that, once the correct username and password relating to your account have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the username and password is unauthorised or fraudulent, you will be liable for payment of such order, save where the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
You agree to notify PRESTIGE immediately upon becoming aware of or reasonably suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
By using the Website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorised PRESTIGE representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).
You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorised PRESTIGE representative.
Conclusion of sales and availability of stock
Registered users may place orders for Goods, which PRESTIGE may accept or reject.
Whether or not PRESTIGE accepts an order depends on the availability of Goods, correctness of the information relating to the Goods (including without limitation the price) and receipt of payment or payment authorisation by PRESTIGE for the Goods.
NOTE: PRESTIGE will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the Goods to you or allowing you to collect them, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and PRESTIGE come into effect (the “Sale”). This is regardless of any communication from PRESTIGE stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. PRESTIGE will indicate the rejection of your order by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
Prior to delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may cancel an order at any time provided you do so before receiving a dispatch or delivery notice. After delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may return the Goods only in accordance with the Returns Policy.
Placing Goods in a cart without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such Goods, and as such, Goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available or the price thereof might change without notice to you. You cannot hold PRESTIGE liable if such Goods are not available or are not available at the particular price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
You acknowledge that stock of all Goods on offer is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. PRESTIGE will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after you have placed an order, PRESTIGE will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of any amount already paid by you for such Goods.
Goods may not be purchased for re-sale. Should we suspect that any such Goods are being purchased for sale, we are entitled to cancel your order immediately on notice to you.
We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
Payment may be made for Goods via the following methods (depending on its availability and/or your eligibility to use such a method) –
- debit / credit card; where payment is made by debit/credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorise and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we are entitled to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorisation is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorisation your order for the Goods will be cancelled. You warrant that you are fully authorised to use the debit / credit card supplied for purposes of paying the Goods. You also warrant that your debit / credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the Website;
Direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer: if you pay via direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer, payment must be made within 24 HOURS of placing your order. PRESTIGE will not accept your order if payment has not been received.
Delivery of goods
PRESTIGE offers 2 (two) methods of delivery of Goods to you. You may elect delivery via:
- courier; or
Our delivery charges are subject to change at any time, without prior notice to you, so please check the applicable delivery charges in your cart when you check out.
Where it accepts your order, PRESTIGE will deliver the goods to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 30 (thirty) days of receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to cancel your order for the Goods. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price. PRESTIGE’s obligation to deliver a product to you is fulfilled when we deliver the product to the physical address nominated by you for delivery of the order. PRESTIGE is not responsible for any loss or unauthorised use of a product, after it has delivered the product to the physical address nominated by you.
Trade Mark / Copyrights and Restrictions on use
The Website consists of content which is derived entirely or in part from content supplied by the company and other sources. The said contents are protected under applicable South African Copyright and Trade Mark Laws, International Trade Marks and Copyright Laws and conventions.
The user may not reproduce, duplicate, publish, modify, copy, download, upload in any manner, post, broadcast or transmit, reverse engineer or disenable, display, or distribute or in any way exploit any of the content, that being software and/or material; except in so far that the user may download one copy of the content on any single computer for the user’s personal, non-commercial home use only; and provided that all propriety notices and restrictions attached onto the content are kept intact, unless expressly permitted by the site, or unless prior written consent from the company has been obtained. Requests for permission regarding any issue relating to the content which fall into the ambit of the limitations stated above can be made by contacting the company persons listed.
The user is also strictly prohibited from creating works, and/or software materials derived from or which are based on the contents found on this site. The prohibition applies regardless of whether the content is sold, negotiated or given away and/or further alienated in any manner whatsoever.